Thursday, August 24, 2006

outta gas...not that kind.

This week has been one heck of a social week... I feel physically exhausted having been out every single day of the week so far. It's like I've been saving all my energy from work for this one single week of tiring freedom (isn't it ironic? Don't you think? oh, Alanis, you say it the best). So this is what the week consisted of,

Monday: Wonderland with May, Carrie, Ass and the boys (yay for whack-a-mole and basketball shoot) SUPISE for Robbie =)
Tuesday: CNE with the girls, and Dessert at night with the twin and my cousin and the Queen's convert...haha (mmm Durian...so smelly but so good)...
Wednesday: Day with the Best Friend =) Dessert with the girls (CHAR IS BACK YAY!!!)
Thursday:...... here it comes, LORD OF THE RINGS MARATHON!!! whoaaaaaaa and the EXTENDED VERSION TOO !!!
Friday: Charity Ball...
I'm think I might do the hibernating next week.... sometimes, too much is overload... I'm definitely "running out of gas".

On another note regarding friendship, I find that I compare myself to my friends a lot of times. Maybe it's because of the "chinese" in me that I tend to do so. It's inherent that in my family, I was taught to always do better than the person sitting beside me (whether in school or in the arts). Although I've learnt to accept and to be thankful for who God made me to be (personality, character, and even in terms of my physical attributes), I still struggle with this issue. Sometimes, because of the fact that all my close friends are so talented, successful, and great in personality, in spritual character and did I mention, Good Lookin' haha (Yes, you guys are wonderful!) I find myself believing that I'm not good enough, or I question why I can't be like so and so. I know that this is called ENVY, and I wanna get rid of it. I know the difference between the Lies and the Truth, so which one will I cling onto ? The answer is easy to say, but hard to grasp in the heart when you've been lied to for so long. I want to continue to cling to his Words, his promises and his Love for me shown through so many years of struggles...please Lord, help me overcome.

Psalm 40: ...."Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods. Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare..."

3 Comments:

Blogger K said...

Hey you whom I saw at Go for Tea tonight... unless you're "another" Vinci... haha, maybe you are "over socialized" :P Just go out and there's a chance you'll run into this person, LOL just kidding.

How is it you know Kat from Logos? Hmm... I suppose I can see how, possibly... Or the better question is how is it Kat knows Lydia, my SG co-leader... but that would be a question for either Lydia or Kat to answer :P

1:06 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

yeye preach it gummi!!!

12:13 AM  
Blogger K said...

"All of these identities have to be subordinate to our identity in Christ..."

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home