Sunday, August 20, 2006

i am a carrot


Today, I had a good time to just sit and "veg-out"at home after lunch out with the churchies. It was a time of reflection and enjoying my geekiness ;apparant in my love for the 5 following things:

1. Reading the Newspaper.
I like to read all the parts that interest me first, and then to read over all the other parts of the paper. It's good to know what's going on in our world, and I have to agree that our generation is a lotta of the times, ignorant to the things going on in our world...it bothers me to think that we worry about our own petty problems when there's so much going on outside of our little "bubble". But all in all, I've learnt to appreciate the Editorial section, I've learnt to question the validity of the newspaper (should I believe everything I read?) and of course, the precious CROSSWORDS SECTION!!!! (although I can't finish one for the life of me, unlike HEIDI or VAN, those geniuses... tee hee)

2. Jigsaw puzzles (either online or by hand)
I don't know why I've liked to fit pieces of things together since I was a kid. I like the process of putting little pieces together to make an overall product =) It gives some satisfaction of accomplishment....I've always wanted to do a crazy 1000 + piece puzzle !!

3. Reading
Recently, I've been reading "Where is God when It Hurts" by Philip Yancey. It's taking me a LONG time to digest the stuff written in the book...maybe cause there's so much material to grasp... or maybe cause I want to understand and relate it to what I've experienced. Nonetheless, when Pastor Mpindu (in today's sermon) says that continuous education is essential to our Understanding and development of Wisdom in God's things, I was even more encouraged to read more and to learn more.

4. Jamming on the piano, writing music, listening to new music (and my futile attempt at picking up the guitar....haha)
Music is one of the most important medium to express my feelings and thoughts on things.. I've just started writing music this summer, and like a puzzle, it's exciting to be able to put together and match words with a melody and to make it meaningful (if not to others, than even to me).

5. sketching and folding origami=)
There was a sketch of a friend I started at the beginning of the summer that I'm still working on... it's funny to see how much my artistic skills have evolved from middle school through high school... YES!! my years in art major have not been in vain!! haha (even though those of us Claudies in Haig know that working on squares and conceptions are far more IMPORTANT.....right.... ) . In respect to Origami, it's always fascinated me to know how folding a simple piece of paper a certain way can make such beautiful objects...I've always wondered who the people were, who sat around thinking of ways to fold a piece of paper to make a crab or something.... maybe it's a profession in Japan =)

Aside from today's afternoon of geekdom, I've been having a wonderful week! Kat and Carrie are both back from their trip overseas, and our Haig Girl's Potluck was awesome. Softball is always fun to cheer and watch, and chilling with the churchies, I'm so thankful to have gotten to know some of you more deeply =) Since school is only 2-3 weeks away, I'm trying make the most of the time left...and also starting to gear up for the goodbyes... and the reunions back in ktown....

OH ! and the picture ? I don't know why I put it up, it's just to continue my photo"blog" haha .... took it in Norway, and the expression on the child's face caught my eye..... it's so funny but real at the same time.... and near a river too haha...and below, that's a threadless.com design. I thought it was quite witty =) i like witty tshirt designs..it's almost equal to a witty/corny joke hahah...

-v

2 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Hey Vinci... You know about Threadless eh? They came to our school once to speak at our lecture. I don't usually wear t shirts but I love the graphics and am always looking for inspiration on there. :) And I too cannot finish a crossword. :(

12:27 PM  
Blogger eleasa said...

i finished a crossword ONCE ALL BY MYSELF. yes, i did give myself a congratulatory pat on the back afterwards. i was so proud.

ah piano. i'm guilty & sad that playing the keys is so awkward for me. i wish i could jam on it. sad to say that i'm more successful at jamming on the guitar.

& i am a proud owner of several threadless tees. wheeee!

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home